Citizen | Business | Government | Visitor
The Commission regulates eleven natural gas utilities that provide retail gas service to Wyoming customers. These natural gas utilities range in size from relatively small companies serving only a couple hundred Wyoming customers to large, multi-state gas companies who have a Wyoming customer base of over 70,000 customers.
- The PSC has the following primary duties regarding the regulation of natural gas utilities:
- Hearing rate cases and approving rates and tariffs for the companies
- Reviewing, analyzing and hearing gas utility applications to pass-on wholesale cost increases in the cost of natural gas
- Reviewing integrated resource plans for large gas utilities
- Granting certificates of public convenience and necessity for major facilities
- Establishing accounting and depreciation procedures for utilities
- Approving mergers, acquisitions and transactions between companies
- Approving the issuance of securities and creation of liens by the utility
- Mediating consumer complaints regarding natural gas service issues
Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) Filings
Commission Rule Chapter 3, Section 33 - Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) pertains to Integrated Resource Planning. It states:"Each utility serving in Wyoming that files an IRP in another jurisdiction shall file that IRP with the Commission. The Commission may require any utility to file an IRP."
2017 Interest Rate Set
Pursuant to the Wyoming Public Service Commission’s (Commission) Rule Chapter 1, Section 2(a)(xv), the Commission has set the Commission’s Authorized Interest Rate (interest rate) payable on customer deposits held by gas, electric, and water utilities, pursuant to Commission Rule Chapter 3, Section 7; and, affected telecommunications companies, pursuant to Commission Rule Chapter 4, Section 9(g) in the state of Wyoming, at its open meeting held on December 6, 2016. Notice of the requested increase in the interest rate was provided by the Commission’s on-line GovDelivery Email Distribution System on November 30, 2016. The interest rate is set at 2.02% per annum for the period of January 1, 2017, through December 31, 2017.
These downloadable files are available as Adobe Acrobat pdf files.