BEFORE THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION OF WYOMING
IN THE MATTER OF THE APPLICATION OF MONTANA-DAKOTA UTILITIES CO., A DIVISION OF MDU RESOURCES GROUP, INC., FOR AUTHORITY TO REVISE ITS NET METERING TARIFF, PARALLEL GENERATION RATE 57
) DOCKET NO. 20004-86-ET-10
) (RECORD NO. 12598)
NOTICE OF APPLICATION
(Issued November 3, 2010)
Pursuant to the Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act and the Wyoming Public Service Commission’s (Commission) Rules, notice is hereby given of the application of Montana-Dakota Utilities Co., (MDU or the Company) for authority to revise its Net Metering Tariff, Parallel Generation Rate 57.
1. MDU is a public utility as defined by W.S. § 37-1-101(a)(vi)(C) and, as such, subject to the Commission’s jurisdiction under W.S. § 37-2-112.
2. On August 12, 2010, MDU filed the above-docketed tariffs requesting authority to revise its Parallel Generation Rate 57 (Rate 57) in compliance with paragraph 146 of the Memorandum Opinion, Findings and Final Order (Order) issued on May 26, 2010, in Docket No. 20004-81-ER-09. MDU states that in compliance with the Commission’s Order, the Company calculated a revised Energy Payment, applicable under its Rate 57 tariff to reflect the addition of the Wygen III generating resource.
3. MDU states the proposed Rate 57 tariff reflects a weighted avoided energy cost based on the Company’s Wyoming load requirements and the respective power supply source and costs utilized to meet those energy requirements. The Energy Payment proposed in this application for generating facilities rated at 100 Kw or less is 1.977¢ per Kwh, a 10.01% decrease from the current effective Energy Payment of 2.197¢ per Kwh.
4. Interested persons may inspect the application in its entirety at the Commission’s office in Cheyenne and at MDU’s office in Sheridan, during regular business hours.
5. Anyone who desires to intervene and become a party to this proceeding or to file a statement or protest must do so, in writing, with the Commission on or before December 2, 2010. Petitions shall set forth the grounds of the proposed intervention, and the position and the interest of the petitioner in this proceeding. Further procedural and hearing dates will be established by the Commission.
6. For more information and assistance, or if you wish to intervene in this matter and/or request a public hearing which you will attend and you require reasonable accommodation for a disability, call the Commission at (307) 777-7427 or write to them at 2515 Warren Avenue, Hansen Building, Suite 300, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002. Communications-impaired persons may also contact the Commission by accessing Wyoming Relay at 711. Please be sure to make reference to Docket No. 20004-86-ET-10 in your correspondence.
Dated: November 3, 2010.
7. This Notice of Application may be published without its caption and signature block as an official notice in this matter, which shall consist of paragraphs 1 through 6 hereof.
8. This Notice of Application is effective immediately.
MADE and ENTERED at Cheyenne Wyoming this November 3, 2010.
BY ORDER OF THE COMMISSION
(SEAL) J. BLAIR BALES, Assistant Secretary
Wyoming Public Service Commission
2515 Warren Avenue, Suite 300
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002